Free Webinar: The Sandwich Generation: Caring for our Aging Parents while Caring for our Children and Career
No human comes with a "User Manual" on how to care for our aging parents while also caring for our children. We are well served by planning out various scenarios and preparing ourselves for the future.
When: February 17, 2016, 1:00 PM ET
Presented by: Michael Townshend, Social Psychologist and expert in issues of aging and elder care. Author of, "Living Well During Times of Change", (2011, Amazon Press) on behalf of the National Institute of Transition Planning, Inc. (NITP), the national leader in Federal Pre-Retirement and Benefits Training since 1984.
Learn how to:
- Take care of yourself - This can be an emotional rollercoaster, but help can come from family planning, honest goal setting, and resource planning
- Establish buy-in from your children and spouse - this is a family effort
- Meet periodically with your immediate family to review what can be improved and to know who may be feeling left out (for instance, unavailability of siblings due to geographic distance, ability of emotional presence)
- Take 5 major steps to a workable Caregiving Plan
- Become a parent to a parent
- And more
Posted in Educate Yourself
Tags: Brookings Institute